Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Happy Birthday Dad!

On August 4th my dad celebrated his 65th Birthday!
Happy Birthday Dad!



I love my dad!  One of the best feelings ever is that I know that he loves me too!  Ever since I was a little girl I can remember him asking me, "Do you know that I love You?"  I have always answered "Yes!"  
Secretly I think that I'm my dads favorite!  I have always felt a connection with my dad.  I don't know if it was sitting with him watching Nascar, The Los Angeles Kings, The Suns or the Diamondbacks.  But somewhere along the way I felt that we were alike.
My dad has always been my #1 fan!  I can remember him coming to all my volleyball games in High School and College.  No matter if I played good or bad he always thought that I was the best!  
My dad is very hard working and trustworthy.  He has always been a good example of that to me.  He speaks the plain and simple truth and doesn't try to sugar coat things or beat around the bush.  He tells it how it is or at least how he sees it!
My dad is a passionate person!  He is passionate about sports, passionate about politics, and passionate about the gospel!
My dads solution to most every problem I'm facing with my children is to just love them.  He always says " I think that they just need a big hug!"  And he's probably right!
My dad always has a way of making me feel good about myself.
I love you dad!
Happy Birthday!

3 comments:

Sabra said...

Milan Haws is amongst the greatest! I always thought you were his favorite, too. Now that I'm older (just a little) I've realized the key to being a great parent/aunt/grandparent/friend is to make everyone feel like they are the favorite.

Mathie Fam said...

Your dad is probably about the only one that can measure up to my dad--how fitting they have the same birthday! Thank you so much for the pictures you sent from Em's wedding! They turned out great. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Hey lady,
I love your dad too. Tell him happy birthday for me. Love ya Jen