Thursday, October 2, 2008

50 things about me!


Here are 50 things about me that you may or may not know in no particular order.

1.  I hate housework!  Especially the laundry!  I have no problem doing the laundry but folding it and putting it away is just about more than I can handle!  It's rarely completely done!
2.  I like decorating my house.
3.  I love listening to loud music in the car.
4.  I love Disneyland!  It's truly the happiest place on earth!
5.  I go on a drink run almost everyday!  Diet Caffeine Free Coke is my flavor of choice.
6.  I am not a germ a phoebe.  I believe in the 10 second rule!
7.  I IRON EVERY SINGLE DAY!  It's an obsession.  I can't stand the feel of wrinkly clothes.  I even use to iron my practice clothes before volleyball.  I iron my kids clothes everyday too, but not David's, he can iron his own!
8.  I love going to craft shows but I rarely buy anything at them.
9.  I am a people person.  I love to be with people!  I do not enjoy being all alone.
10.  I secretly would love to run a marathon in my lifetime!
11.  I am afraid of the ocean.
12.  I'm an all or nothing kind of girl!  (My house is either really clean or really dirty.  I eat really good or really bad.)
13.  I love a PARTY!  Especially a theme party!  I love birthday parties, holiday parties, or even just a family gathering.  I just love any excuse for a party!
14.  I love going out to lunch with girlfriends.  I can hardly wait for Paradise Bakery to open up.
15.  I love a good chic flick!
16.  I love candy!  Sugar really, sweets, I just can't live without it!  I'm a sucker for new candy that I have never tried before.  You know, Limited edition kind of stuff.  I can't pass it up!
17.  I love to get out of the house to go..... ANYWHERE!  I don't like being home all the time.
18.  I have a poor memory of things that I've heard but I can usually remember things that I've seen.  I relate with the character Dori on Finding Nemo quite a bit.
19.  I don't like to cook nor do I think I'm very good at it. 
20.  I hate shopping for clothes.  I especially hate to try things on!
21.  I love to make cookies!
22.  I don't like to read.
23.  I'm not quick on my feet.  I usually leave situations thinking about what I should have said.
24.  I struggle making decisions about things that don't really matter.  Like what flavor of ice cream I want, or where should we go to dinner.
25.  I don't like routines!  I never stick to any sort of routine.  I get up everyday and do something a little different.
26.  I hate to be told what to do!
27.  I love sports!  I like to watch almost any sport including Nascar.  I only like to play sports where other people don't touch me.  Like Volleyball and Tennis!
28.  I played Volleyball and Tennis in college on a scholarship.
29.  I served a mission in Japan and then worked for American Express speaking Japanese.  I can hardly speak Japanese today!  
30.  I like to make lists.  I am most productive when I make lists.  I make lists on any scrap piece of paper I can find, usually envelopes.
31.  I love sleeping on my stomach. 
32.  I am NOT a morning person.  I always request PM for my kids at school.
33.  I am attracted to people who are down to earth.
34.  My self esteem is hinged upon my weight.
35.  I can sleep through any noise that David makes in the morning but if I hear as much as a peep out of any of my children I am awake immediately!
36.  I worry myself sick before any kind of trip we go on.
37.  I have always been hard on myself.
38.  I like visitors!
39.  I think that the carpool lane should NEVER have a double white line!  We should be able to go in and out of it as we need!  There is nothing more irritating than getting behind some slow person in the car pool lane and not being able to get out!  It defeats the whole purpose of the lane!  Getting in the car pool lane shouldn't be a gamble!
40.  I am always late!  No matter how early I start to get ready, I can never seem to be ready on time.  I'm going to blame this on genetics!  
41.  I wish that I could sing and play the piano.  Not necessarily at the same time!
42.  I NEVER wash my face before I go to bed!
43.  I listen to church music EVERY sunday!
44.  When I have too much going on and have WAY TOO MUCH on my plate I tend to get overwhelmed and completely shut down.  Literally I can't function!  David has to talk me through it until finally I'm on my feet again!
45.  I like being around funny people!
46.  I am not consistent about ANYTHING!  
47.  I can't multitask!
48.  I like "hanging out with the boys!"  Playing golf, watching football,... that kind of stuff!  I don't know why, I just do!
49.  I like talking on the phone.
50.  I love to hold a sleeping baby and can't stand to hear my babies cry.  This explains why my kids don't sleep through the night until they are one!

So there you have it, 50 things about me!  

6 comments:

Sabra said...

I love all 50 things! I'm so glad I knew most of them, and we still have so much in common. I'm going to beat your butt if you don't keep up on your Japanese!

milan said...

these are some of the things i love about you.
Milan

♥ Michele ♥ said...

Hey, since I only iron twice a year, can I bring over my 6 month pile of clothes that need to be ironed?

I LOVE sweets too. It is truly my downfall.

Very fun to read, we have quite a few things in common!

Jen Carpenter said...

You are truly an amazing woman! One of the funnest people I know! Can't wait to see you guys tomorrow! I love that you are you!

kristencgartner said...

Steph, you are absolutely beautiful. I love you.

Rachel said...

I love all those things about you! What a good idea, that was so much fun to read. You are amazing!