David had to go to Salt Lake for a sleep study. When it came time to put the kids to bed, Talan just wouldn't settle down. I decided that it would be best to just let Talan cry it out in his crib while I worked on getting the rest of the kids in bed. It should be a win win situation. If Talan doesn't fall asleep on his own, crying will at least make him tired and then when I'm ready to rock him to sleep he'll be out in no time!
So I sent Ethan to his room, Bradon and Carsten to their room, and then tucked Reagan in and scratch her back for a few minuets. Meanwhile I can hear Talan bawling in his crib just as planned. Then much to my surprise, all of a sudden Talan settled down! I think, "Oh good, he's put himself to sleep!" I was a bit surprised but pleasantly surprised to say the least! So when I got done with Reagan, I went and checked on Bradon and Carsten and then I went to check on Ethan. Ethan was gone! Well where in the heck is Ethan? So I go down stairs and there I find Ethan holding his baby brother. No wonder Talan had settled down! His big brother had come to his rescue! Ethan just couldn't stand listening to Talan cry! Now that's true brotherly love!
(Or just a kid trying to get out of going to bed!)
5 comments:
How cute! Your family pictures look great. I love them. Wish Heidi lived closer to us.
Very darling!
That is about the sweetest story I've hard. Big Bro! What a good boy.
I just want to hear how the sleep study went. Did they give David the results on the spot or do you have to wait forever. When John did his, they told him he'd have to wait for the dr. to look at the data, but they the lady said, "I have been doing this for 25 years and you definitely have sleep apnea." Let me know when David gets his "fighter pilot mask". It will change your life!
Okay, so I love all the new family pics. Tallen is so cute. The quote about being sick of no money is in our house too. I wonder when my kids are going to get it. There is no money for you honey. The snow looks beautiful. I miss you tons. Love jen
Ethan must be related to his Uncle Kendall. He used to that when David was little.
Post a Comment