Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Homemade baby wipes


I had told someone that I would post the recipe to the homemade baby wipes I use.
My cousin Rachel has used homemade wipes for years and just before Talan was born I got the recipe from her and I have been using them ever since.

In a plastic container big enough to fit a 1/2 roll of paper towels 
ADD...
2 1/2 cups warm water 
1 Tbsp. Baby Oil
2 Tbsp. Baby Lotion
2 Tbsp. Baby Wash
Whisk together until all mixed and frothy.
Place 1/2 roll of select size Bounty paper towels jagged side down, cover and flip over.

Let sit for a few hours while all the liquid soaks in.

Flip back over and pull out the middle of the paper towel roll.

Then pulling from the middle of the roll, your wipes are complete!

I have found this to be a very easy, nice on little baby bums and extremely affordable!  I am still on my first bottles of oil, lotion and baby wash and Talan is already 9 months old.  The Bounty select size paper towels are usually around $2.00 a roll so that's $1.00 each time I make a batch.

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

I have always wanted to make these, but have never done it. How long does a batch of them last? We use the Costco wipes and they are sure easy. I guess these would be cheaper. Maybe I will buy a plastic container and start to use these too. Thanks for the inspiration.