Friday, October 3, 2008

Happy Birthday Carsten!


Yesterday morning Ethan wanted to make a little something for Carsten on the computer as a birthday surprise like he did for Bradon.  Bradon wanted to help out.  So Ethan constructed Carsten's name in 3D letters and Bradon picked the colors.  It was a team effort!  When they were finished they quietly woke Carsten up for the day to show him their surprise for him. Carsten took one look at it and said, "That's stupid!"  They were both immediately offended and angry!  Rightfully so I might say.  So it was a bit of a rocky start to a fabulous birthday!  We had a little talk about being nice and then the three of them posed for this birthday morning picture!

After school Carsten had football practice.  At the end of his practice we had his team sing happy birthday to him.  
This is a picture of the team singing.

As soon as they were finished singing the coach yelled, "Dog-pile on Carsten!"  Carsten took off running and the entire team took off after him.  Carsten ran so fast that not one boy could catch him.  The coach then asked, "Did anyone know that Carsten could run so fast?"  Carsten is a fast little sucker!  Especially when he needs to be.

We then had the team hoist him up for this picture.  It was a lot of fun!  The team voted Carsten to be the MVP of practice and he led them out in a team cheer.
We then had cupcakes!

Our BIG 7 year old!
After practice David and I took Carsten to Wingers for his Birthday dinner.  I love taking the kids out to dinner on their special day!  They seated us in a booth and before we sat down we asked Carsten what side of the booth he wanted to sit at.  He chose David's side.  I said, "What?  I give birth to you and you chose to sit with your dad?"  I was just joking and we all laughed!  a few minuets later Carsten slid under the table.  We asked him what he was doing and he said that he decided to sit with me.  Ah! I kind of felt bad for making him feel bad, but I was happy to sit with him!  What a good kid!

We love you Carsten!
Happy Birthday!

3 comments:

Alice Jane said...

Your kids are SOOOO cute! No wonder you had 5 of them!

Hey, I'm starting my weight loss blog again. Are you almost ready to start? I thought that instead of waiting until the new year rolls around to lose weight, I will try to lose weight BEFORE the new year. Besides, I don't want to put on another 5 pounds only to have to lose it again. Sigh. Let me know when you are starting up again. Stop by my blog to encourage me too!

Love ya.

Cheryl said...

Happy Birthday Carsten!!
I can't believe you play tackle football! We miss you guys!

Jeannine Adair said...

Isn't he a cutie!!!