Monday, January 12, 2009

Driving to Arizona


The day after Christmas we hit the road a little later than originally planned due to the weather/road conditions.  We were driving on ice until we got out of Cedar City.  We had originally planned on taking the 20 and going through Page, Arizona.  But just before we reached the 20 exit it started to snow pretty heavy.  We saw a snow plow and thought that if we could just get behind the plow we would be just fine.  So we got off at the exit and then the plow turned around and headed back onto the 15!  We sat there for a few minuets in debate.  Going through Las Vegas was so much longer.  As we sat there looking at the 20 ahead of us, I got a terrified sick feeling inside and told David that I thought that we needed to turn around and get back on the 15.  So we did!  The trip was really long.  The back up at the dam was an hour and a half long and 14 hours later we finally reached my parents house safe and sound. 

In Cedar City we stopped at McDonalds to eat.  The kids played in the play place and in this  little room they had with balls.  It was time to leave and the kids had left Talan all by himself in the little room.  So I went to go get him.  I walked in the room and didn't see him.  I thought, "Well where could he be?"  and then I saw some movement inside this little game like contraption thingy.  He had climbed inside of it!  I thought that it was so cute that I made David go out to the truck to get the camera.

No comments: