It was great having Mark and Camille and Grandma Arnett here with us for the Film Festival! Mark was extremely sick with an unknown illness causing him to lose his voice, have terrible coughing episodes and to feel 100% miserable! On Thursday they were at the Festival watching a film and one of his coughing episodes began. He got up and quickly walked toward the back of the theater for the door. The next thing he remembers is that some man was helping him off the floor. He had fainted! While fainting he did a fancy face plant leaving his face with an attractive rug burn! Poor Mark, things were going from bad to worst for him! I was quite worried about him and his worsening condition. I called my sister Staci and told her about what had happened. She went ballistic insisting that he goes to urgent care. She hung up the phone with me and called Mark giving him a BIG piece of her mind! Needless to say, Mark went to urgent care that night! They decided that he has bronchitis and they gave him some really good drugs. Friday he stayed home laying low and by Saturday he was able to go to the Festival for his big Film Festival debut!
We got a sitter for Talan and took the rest of the kids. It was a lot of fun! There were lots of people there to see the film. One of the staff members told us that up until then, Baby Boomerang had had the largest audience of the festival so far. Awesome huh?
I absolutely loved Baby Boomerang! I had seen it before but last time I saw it was when Mark showed it in a movie theater after Grandpa's funeral. I don't know if I was a little numb then or what but it touched me so much more this time. I really miss Grandpa!
My good friends Shari and Laurie came to see the movie. They both said that they really enjoyed it! I told them that they were my BEST friends for coming!
We had a good time hanging out with Mark and Camille.
And Grandma too!
Grandma is so dang cute! She was really good at promoting the film. She would hand out flyers while telling people all about the film. With tears in her eyes she would tell them that Grandpa died last March. I think that the first time she got all chocked up it surprised her that she was so emotional. Then she realized that her emotions really brought in a personal touch and she found she had people promising her they would come to the film. From then on I think she hammed it up a bit using her emotions for the best!
Reagan loved spending time with her GREAT Grandma! I think Grandma enjoyed spending time with Reagan too!
Thanks Mark and Camille for choosing us to stay with. We had a fabulous time! Congratulations on a successful Film Festival and it's good to see that you're starting to feel a little better. Oh yeah, and thanks for all the good laughs about the rug burn!
No comments:
Post a Comment