Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Talan's 1st birthday!


For Talan's first birthday we did a combined party with his cousin Abraham who was born just 18 hours after him.  We went to Peter Piper Pizza and on the way to the party I realized that I had picked the worst time possible to have a party for a 1 year old.  NAP TIME!  What was I thinking?

At first Talan was not so sure about any of it!  
Grandma tried to put him on some of the fun little kiddie rides and he wanted nothing to do with it!

He enjoyed walking around and checking everything out though.

He liked the prizes!

And then he took a special liking to the ice cream truck ride.  
It was just his size!  He could climb in and out of it on his own!

So cute!  

Then it was time for cake.  
I decorated the boys this Winnie the Pooh cake.

Staci and I are so happy to have boys so close in age.  

Time to blow out the candles!  
This was something that they both didn't understand at all.  

We gave the boys each there very own HUGE piece of cake!
Talan was obsessed with his fork.  He insisted on eating his cake with his fork.  He was actually quite clean with his piece of cake.  Abraham on the other hand loved using his hands.  He made a huge mess and when he was all done he put his plate on top of his head!  Too cute!

After a little while of not getting very far with his fork, Talan decided to dive right it!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TALAN!
Talan has been an absolute blessing to our family.  We are so happy that we have him and we enjoy him every single day!  I just couldn't imagine our lives without him!

We love you Talan!

No comments: