Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Cardinals game!


While we were in Arizona David and I went to the first ever Cardinal Playoff game.

We couldn't believe the sea of red in the stands!  Arizona has turned Cardinal Crazy!  When we left Arizona to move to Utah I don't think that I actually knew of anyone who owned a Cardinal jersey or anything Cardinal for that matter.  The stands were packed and I think everyone there owned their very own $60.00 Cardinal jersey!  Impressive!  It's amazing what winning will do to  a town!

David and I hadn't ever been to the new stadium.  It was awesome!  A retractable roof and a retractable field with real turf!  Everything was state of the art.  

We watched as two drunken fans got in a fist fight over who knows what.  A few guys behind us started talking smack back and forth to each other and then turned into friends buying each other beers.  Complete strangers were giving us high fives and hugging and kissing their loved ones with every good play!  It was a fun night filled with some great entertainment!

The Cardinals beat the Falcons and now they're on to their second playoff game in Arizona history!

 GO CARDINALS!

No comments: