Due to the simple fact that the kids have shaggy hair and I have no extra money laying around I decided that the kids could either have me attempt to give them a haircut or they could have me give them a buzz cut! Their choice!
Ethan went with the Buzz and Bradon feeling brave and fearless went with a regular haircut. Of course knowing that if it didn't turn out he would end up with a Buzz anyways. After I got done with Bradon's haircut I was super impressed with my hair cutting abilities! Every time Bradon would walk by I would check it out and then give myself some raving review like, "Man, whoever it was that gave you that haircut sure is good!"
Carsten was in tremendous need of a haircut but insisted that I take him to someone who KNEW what they were doing! I told him "NO!" He could have me unless he wanted to pay for it himself. After several days if not a whole week later Carsten finally caved in. He decided that he would allow me to touch his hair! I gave him a haircut and it turned out pretty good too! Of course Carsten had to let me know that I wasn't very fast like those OTHER PEOPLE!
Talan has needed his done for quite some time now but I thought that their was NO WAY I could possibly attempt to cut his hair on my own. I mean every time I take him to a place to have it cut it's a huge cry fest! I always have to hold him in my lap and physically hold the kid down while he throws a ragging fit! I'm always so impressed with how well it turns out despite the huge tantrum!
But today I just couldn't stand looking at the shag anymore! I asked if he wanted me to give him a haircut and he said, "YES!" And that's all it took to convince me!
I sat him down on a booster car seat on top of one of the kitchen chairs. I got out the buzzers to start and that's when he decided that he was just kidding. He didn't really want a haircut after all. But I had already gotten all the stuff out and so it was pretty much a done deal. He was getting a haircut weather he liked it or not!
I started buzzing one side and then he hopped off the chair and told me that he was done. I told him that if he let me cut his hair then I would make cookies after his hair cut was finished and that I would let him help me. He liked that idea but not enough to get back in the chair. I told him that I would get him a special treat. No, that didn't work either! Then I told him that I would take a picture of him with my camera and then take another one when we were all done and then I would blog about it! Well what do you know, that's what did the trick! He hopped back into the chair and I continued. He scrunched his neck up and laughed because he thought it tickled.

Ethan went with the Buzz and Bradon feeling brave and fearless went with a regular haircut. Of course knowing that if it didn't turn out he would end up with a Buzz anyways. After I got done with Bradon's haircut I was super impressed with my hair cutting abilities! Every time Bradon would walk by I would check it out and then give myself some raving review like, "Man, whoever it was that gave you that haircut sure is good!"
Carsten was in tremendous need of a haircut but insisted that I take him to someone who KNEW what they were doing! I told him "NO!" He could have me unless he wanted to pay for it himself. After several days if not a whole week later Carsten finally caved in. He decided that he would allow me to touch his hair! I gave him a haircut and it turned out pretty good too! Of course Carsten had to let me know that I wasn't very fast like those OTHER PEOPLE!
Talan has needed his done for quite some time now but I thought that their was NO WAY I could possibly attempt to cut his hair on my own. I mean every time I take him to a place to have it cut it's a huge cry fest! I always have to hold him in my lap and physically hold the kid down while he throws a ragging fit! I'm always so impressed with how well it turns out despite the huge tantrum!
But today I just couldn't stand looking at the shag anymore! I asked if he wanted me to give him a haircut and he said, "YES!" And that's all it took to convince me!
I sat him down on a booster car seat on top of one of the kitchen chairs. I got out the buzzers to start and that's when he decided that he was just kidding. He didn't really want a haircut after all. But I had already gotten all the stuff out and so it was pretty much a done deal. He was getting a haircut weather he liked it or not!
I started buzzing one side and then he hopped off the chair and told me that he was done. I told him that if he let me cut his hair then I would make cookies after his hair cut was finished and that I would let him help me. He liked that idea but not enough to get back in the chair. I told him that I would get him a special treat. No, that didn't work either! Then I told him that I would take a picture of him with my camera and then take another one when we were all done and then I would blog about it! Well what do you know, that's what did the trick! He hopped back into the chair and I continued. He scrunched his neck up and laughed because he thought it tickled.
When I had done as much as Talan would let me do with the buzzers I went and got my hands wet so that I could run them through his hair getting his hair wet for the scissors portion of the cut. As soon as I walked away he was down and done! "No Talan we're not done! Now it's time to cut with scissors." Nope, he wasn't going for it. "Okay fine, I'll take another picture for the blog!" And back into the chair he went!
I did my best at cutting his hair all nice and even but Talan wasn't the most patient of clients! He refused to wear the cape and so he got hair all over his shirt and it was bugging him! By the time I was finished enough to give up on trying he looked pretty good... all things considered!
I informed him that if I found bits and pieces that I missed that I would be taking the scissors to his head again. He didn't seem to care, just as long as I was DONE!
So there you have it...
I'm a hair dresser now!
And the best part about it... THE PRICE!
1 comment:
oh. my. gosh. I could have posted exactly the same post this week!!! I made all my boys/man sit down for a bargain basement beauty treatment. They all turned out like we had just dropped 60 bucks at great clips! those princesses will never feel the feeling of a hydraulic chair and cape again .
Post a Comment