Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Par for ADAIR course!

If you have ever been to my house or been around my children
then this will come as no surprise to you!

Talan thought it would be fun to
hit our front door with a ski poll!


Unfortunately we have a window for a
front door and it shattered!

Fortunately it's a double pane window
and only one pane shattered!

And one more fortunate thing about this is that
it's made of safety glass and it didn't come falling in!

I was coming in from work bringing dinner into the kitchen when Talan met me with a totally shocked look on his face. He said, "I BROKE SOMETHING!" I asked him what he broke? He said, "COME AND LOOK!" followed with an, "I SAID I'M SORRY!"

I followed him to the front entry way to find this!
And it was still shattering! In fact it crackled for over an hour and a half after he hit it!

Seriously, if it's not one thing it's another around here!
You know I have a very vivid memory of my mother telling me that we couldn't have anything nice around the house until us kids were raised. I remember thinking that I didn't think that was true! Kids aren't really that hard on things! Well just like many things I thought when I was a child, I stand corrected as an adult! My mom was absolutely right!

So now we have to figure out what we want to do. Do we just replace the glass even though we have always talked about getting a door that isn't a window? Do we replace the glass with decorative metal? Do we get an entirely new door all together? Do we get metal or wood? Or maybe metal that looks like wood? Today as I was driving around talking about this decision I need to make Talan spoke up from the back seat, "Mom, I said I'm sorry!" The poor kid feels so bad. I told him that I knew he was sorry and that it was okay, but we still need to fix the door. "We need to fix it?" "Yes Talan, we need to fix it!"

1 comment:

Shari said...

Leave the door. It looks like modern art!