Monday, May 9, 2011

Mother's Day!

Reagan: Happy Mother's Day!
Talan: She's not MOTHER!
Reagan: Yes she is!
Talan: No! She's MOM!

Mother's Day was wonderful!
I'm so grateful to be a mother! I look at my children and can hardly believe that Heavenly Father has entrusted me with them! Such a HUGE beautifully difficult honor! I have learned so much through motherhood! I've learned of some of my strengths, and LOTS of my weaknesses! I wouldn't say that I'm good at being a mother, nor would I say that I have ANY of the answers. In fact there are lots of days that I feel bad that my children got stuck with imperfect me. I know that I will be blamed for all sorts of their problems as they get older, and day by day I'm probably screwing them up just a little bit more. But day by day I'm learning and growing and becoming a better me and a better mother! And someday about the time my children have children of their own and I become a grandmother, I'll have this mothering thing figured out and I'll be a good grandmother and then... that's when I'll have ALL the answers! [And if I don't really have them all, I'll pretend I do! Shhh! But don't tell them!] But seriously... One thing I do know is that I LOVE my children! I love them more than anything! I'm so thankful that my Heavenly Father has entrusting me with some of his most prized possessions! I know that this imperfection thing is all part of the plan. And that this is the only way that I can and will become better. If I make it back to live with my Heavenly Father someday, I will owe it to my children! They couldn't be better in any way! They challenge me, test me, they try my patience. But most of all they bring me joy! I couldn't imagine not going through this life without this HUGE beautifully difficult honor called MOTHERHOOD!

1 comment:

Ellsworth Party of Four said...

Happy Mother's Day to YOU!
Hey did your group get into the marathon?