2 weeks ago our outside stand up freezer went out. I walked out to the garage in the morning to get something out of the freezer and it was all half defrosted. I checked the plug/outlet and then continued to check on it all morning. No improvement! I called David in panic that we were losing all our food in that freezer. I then ran down to Lowes and bought a new stand up freezer for the garage....
1 week ago my basement flooded. We were getting ready to take my sister Staci to Salt Lake City for the day before having to take her to the airport. Staci went to the basement and came right back up yelling that my basement was flooding! WHAT! Sure enough the window well was filling up and water was shooting into my basement as if we had several garden hoses turned on full blast shooting right through the window! It turns out that Reagan earlier had gone out back and turned the hose on for some reason and then when she turned it off or at least when she thought she turned it off, she turned it the wrong way turning it to full blast. When this little mistake was discovered several hours later the basement was in full flood mode! With the help of some fabulous neighbors and good friends we had the flooding stopped and all cleaned up in a matter of, I don't know... a few hours!
Later on I was talking with one of my neighbors about the basement flooding. She told me about a time when the same very thing happened to them. Then she told me that last week her freezer went out. I thought, oh my gosh that is so weird because my freezer went out last week too! She then went on to tell me that it turned out that the freezer hadn't really gone out but that one of her children had turned the dial to off. WHAT? A DIAL? DO YOU THINK? .... OH MY GOSH! My freezer has a dial and I never thought to look at the dial. I ran out to the freezer that now was unplugged, warm and stinky sitting next to my BRAND SPANKING NEW ONE and checked the dial. It was at 3. But how many numbers where there? I turned it,...2...1...off! Then I turned it the other way,1...2...3...4...5...6...7! Oh my gosh! My dial had just been turned down and I BOUGHT A NEW FREEZER!
Unbelievable! 3 weeks in a row we have had bad luck! Please tell me that bad luck only comes in 3's!
2 comments:
I did the same, exact thing w/ our deep freeze. I insisted the store take it back, and we exchanged it for a new one. We had to make special arrangements to get the replacement freezer home before turning in the "broken" one. Bobby was about to load up the old one, and there was the dial I never knew it had. OFF!
Oh, what a fun three weeks you have had. Those freezers can be so great but when something goes wrong it dosen't take long to cause a lot of problems.
Post a Comment