Thursday, September 25, 2008

It was a BIG night for Ethan!


At last nights pack meeting Ethan received pins, belt loops, his Webelos and his Arrow of Light.  It was a BIG night!  This is Ethan putting the Webelos mothers pin on me.  After that I pinned his Webelos patch on him.

Ethan and his good friend Marcus both got their Webelos together.  This is them getting the Webelos war paint put on them.

During the awards ceremony they had each boy put on a red headband.  They gave each boy that has received their bobcat a yellow feather.  They passed out the wolf awards and then the blue feather for all the boys who had their wolf.  They passed out all the Bear awards and then the red feather for all the boys who had their Bear.  They passed out he Webelos awards and then the green feather for all the boys who had their Webelos.  This is Ethan with all four of his feathers in and his Webelos war paint on.
 
And then after the Medicine Man gathered the boys around the camp fire to tell them a story about a scout advancing in ranks he called up Ethan to present him with his Arrow of Light.  The Arrow of Light is the highest award you can receive in the cub scout program.  The ward gave him this cool arrow that he can display.

Then we took off his Webelos war paint and repainted his face with the Arrow of Light war paint.

He pinned the Arrow of Light mothers pin on me and then received the last and final feather, the white feather.  As you can see his feathers were sorta having a hard time staying in at first.  After receiving both his Webelos and his Arrow of Light the medicine man told Ethan that he had to give his mother the mothers cheer which was a big hug and a kiss.  And believe it or not Ethan did it!  In front of all those people he kissed his mother.....TWICE!  Turns out it was a pretty BIG night for me too!  Several months ago at a pack meeting they told Ethan to hug his mom and he flat out refused.  He's come along way!

Then I presented Ethan with a shadow box frame that I made for him.  I striped his Cub Scout uniform of all it's patches, awards and pins and put together a shadow box for him to remember his Cub Scouting days.

This is all the boys at the end of the pack meeting.  It was an adorable pack meeting and I think that all the boys loved it.  We have a new Cub Master and Committee Chair and I think that pack meetings are going to be awesome now.  Well at least they will have a female touch and theme oriented.  And we all know how I love themes!

When we got home we added all the new pins, belt loops and his Webelos patch to his shadow box.  I think that it turned out pretty good!  

Ethan couldn't be prouder of his accomplishment!  He was beaming all night long!  So of course we had to have a little photo shoot with all his stuff.

So there you have it!  The ARROW OF LIGHT patch.  It symbolizes a setting and raising sun.  Setting on his Cub Scout years and raising as he begins the Scout program.
Way to go Ethan!  Your a good kid and I'm so proud of your accomplishment.
CONGRATULATIONS SON!

3 comments:

Parks Pack said...

Such a fun night! I love your shadow box. I just may have to copy it this year. Unbelievable our boys are getting so big. Sister Doermann did such an awesome job with those awards. It was really a special night for Ethan. Such cute pictures. Tell him congratulations from his CLUELESS cubmaster! Call me soon for a drink run

Cheryl said...

Congrats Ethan! I'm a scout leader now and know how much work that takes!

Ethan Adair said...

It was fun and exciting getting my arrow of light.