Monday, September 15, 2008

BYU game day from H. E. double hockey sticks!

Talan hasn't been sleeping very well lately which means that I haven't been sleeping well.  I have either had allergies or a cold for the past 2 weeks and there is nothing that I can take for it because I am nursing.  Lack of sleep coupled with not being able to medicate myself makes for a slow, drug out, tired, exhausted, irritated, short tempered, feel bad for myself and everyone who has to be around me kind of day!
We had 2 football games for the kids Saturday morning.  Bradon had a game at 9:00 in Lehi and Carsten had a game at 10:30 in Alpine.  Ethan had karate from 8:30-9:15.  Which means we were running around like crazy trying to get all the kids everywhere they needed to be and still be apart of all of it watching a little of both of their games so that the kids felt loved! 
 I ask, why do we do this to ourselves?  
By the time we were done with all of that I was exhausted and it was time to pick up the sitter to go to the BYU football game.  Of course Talan would have nothing to do with nursing and it was time to go!  I was stressed about leaving him for such a long game but at the same time knew that he would be okay especially since he eats baby food now.  However we left and I was hurting!  I decided that there was no way I was going to make it through an entire game without nursing so I had to express my milk into a towel like thing I found in the car on the way to the game. 
 LOVELY! 
 It's times like these that I feel like a cow, literally!  
So we get to the game and walk up to the gate.  I have all the tickets ready to be scanned.  The girl begins to scan them.  The first 3 scan just fine and then the 4th ticket didn't scan.  She tells me that she will have to rescan the 4th ticket.  She rescans it and it still wouldn't scan.  Then she tells me that she needs to get her supervisor.  Meanwhile David apparently thinks that everything went well as usual and He and the kids are off walking to the seats.  I yell to David and he doesn't hear me but Carsten turns back and sees me still standing at the gate.  I could tell that he was concerned but at the same time trying to keep up with David.  The supervisor comes and tells me that I have to have my ticket reprinted.  He fills out a little slip of paper and tells me to go to the white tent just south of the gate I was standing at.  So I go to that tent, have my bags searched for a 2nd time, wait in that line and when I get to the front they tell me that they don't reprint tickets and that I need to go to the West side of the stadium.  They get out a map and tell me how to get there.  I was ticked off to say the least!  So I walk around the stadium to the other side, have my bag searched for the 3rd time to have them tell me that they don't reprint tickets but I have to go across the street to the tickets building and they can do it there. So madder now then ever I walk across the street to the tickets building and at every ticket window there is like 30 people deep waiting in line.  I stood in line for a while and the line never moved!  
Holy H..E.. double hockey sticks! 
I go back across the street, have my bag searched for the 4th time and demand to speak to a supervisor!  So I find the lady with the clipboard and tell her about the problem I'm having.  Obviously I appeared to be ticked off because some man came and stood behind her as if to take care of anything if it got out of control!  So this lady proceeds to tell me that she doesn't really care about my problem and that there is nothing she can do about it and that I need to walk across the street and stand in the enormous line!  So once again I go back across the street and begin to wait it the line that still hadn't moved since I was there last!  I noticed the side door open and I ran to see if I could talk to someone over there.  When I  got to the side of the building I noticed that there were lines on the other side of the building that weren't as long.  So I found myself a place in one of those lines and began to wait again!  Then I noticed that there were signs posted everywhere that said all ticket reprints would cost $10.00.  I thought, if they ask for one single dime from me I'm going to go ballistic on them!  Obviously I'm having a bad day, I'm at BYU where everyone is all nice and the workers there don't know anything about customer service because they are constantly dealing with nice people that just stay, Oh that's okay!  So I get to the front of the line and it becomes obvious that they almost never have someone with a season ticket like mine have scanning problems.  After waiting a few more minuets for her to check with her supervisor to see what she was suppose to do she gave me a reprinted ticket and didn't ask for anything in exchange.  So finally I am off to the game!  I have my bag searched for the 5th time, my new ticket scanned beautifully and.....
 I MISSED THE ENTIRE 1ST QUARTER OF THE GAME!
Luckily BYU Killed UCLA 59-0 
and my spirits were lifted!
However the whole game was really played in the first 2 quarters of the game and I missed 1 of those 2 quarters! 
Anyways, I was irritated on lots of different levels that day and I don't know what is up with this season and our seats but it's becoming a bit annoying!   Last week our seats were unbolted from the concrete and then this week we have a ticketing problem!  I can hardly wait to see what awaits us next week!

4 comments:

The Hendricks Family said...

Wow, what a saga. I can't believe it was such a hassel. I am glad that BYU won 59-0. That was awesome!!

Lindsay said...

MOOOO! I feel like a cow too. Makes me appreciate my mom a little more. The game made up for it though! Go BYU!

momof5 said...

Steph.....I happened upon your blog! How are you guys? Life has been a whirlwind with the twins but we seem to be settling a little now that they are 18 months. Your kids have grown so much and your new little guy is sooooo cute!
Since moving to Utah I have developed Fall allergies....miserable I am so sorry for you I can't survive without my meds.....try a nasal spray....Well fun to catch up on your family.....Talk to you later Kristen

Parks Pack said...

Oh my gosh, Stephanie that story was the MOST aggravatingly frustrating story I have ever heard. Man, test of your patience. Reminds me of my old days at the good ol Y. SO SO Sorry.