It started out with a complex water splitting scientific experiment. You know, something right up Ethan's alley. Well when the battery died and the experiment bombed and we were down to next to no time to have the project completed...
We had to go with something a little more up mom's alley. What kind of cup keeps your ice frozen the longest? Plastic, Styrofoam, or Paper? And what kind of ice melts faster? Pebbled or cubed? And which ice produces to most water when melted? These are all very important questions when your a lady who enjoys a cold beverage every now and then... Well okay, EVERYDAY!
So here it is completed after a long day/night working on it!
The Ice Cold Facts!
Isn't he cute? Now if that poster doesn't have MOM written all over it I don't know what does! Man I'm good! Well, good at posters but maybe not so good at being a mom. Last night as I was working on this with Ethan David came in to tell me what a good mom I was. Yeah, right! "Just move over and let me do it!" What's that teaching him? Anyways, it's nothing my mom wouldn't or didn't do for me. I'm just following the only example that I know! Ethan, your project looked great! I hope you pass with flying colors!
And I must say, Ethan did help! He wouldn't go to bed until it was completely finished. He kept saying, "This is my project and even though I'm tired I've got to stay up until it's finished!"
Ethan is a good kid and I love him!
Oh yeah, Pebbled and cubed ice both produce the same amount of water when melted. Pebbled ice melts faster than cubed. And plastic melts the ice the fastest, paper second and styrofoam holds the cold in the longest. So if you really want your drink to stay cold the longest then use a styrofoam cup with cubed ice. Unfortunately the cup I use is plastic and the ice I love is pebbled. The combination of pebbled ice in a plastic cup is the #1 fastest ice melting method! Will I change? Probably not! But it was fun experimenting!
4 comments:
Way to go Ethan it looks GREAT!!!
Happy Valentines Day to all!
((((hugs))))
The Kerry Adair Family
That is the coolest project. I'm going to make a mental note.
This was a great post. I love your thirstbuster experiment. You are SO mom. That is of course a compliment.
What a great project idea. And the display is gorgeous. And Ethan looks so professional! :-)
Post a Comment