Carsten and his dog box!
Bradon and his BYU football stadium box!
Every year, the night before the Valentine party at school, we spend hours making valentine boxes for the kids to collect their valentines in. It seems like their classes always have contests to see who can create the coolest box. I think that there is nothing wrong with a nice little valentine bag to collect valentines in, however the kids think that box decorating is extremely important!
Last night we had reached bedtime and not a word was spoken about the valentine boxes. I was thrilled! Then Ethan came in and said that his class wasn't doing valentine boxes this year. But he was wondering why the other kids hadn't made theirs. I told him that they could just bring sacks for their valentines. Then I told him not to say anything about the boxes because I think Bradon and Carsten had forgotten about them and that was just fine by me!
As I went to their rooms to tuck them in Carsten remembered about his valentine box! Sheer panic! "But mom this is the first year that I get to make a valentine box!" I told him that there wasn't any time tonight because it was already bedtime. Real tears began to fall! So I promised him that if he got ready for school quickly in the morning then I would help him make a box before school.
So this morning from 8:00 until about 9:00 we worked like mad to create a special box for Carsten! At first he wanted a dog house box. Then he decided he wanted a box to look like the new little plush puppy his Grandma Adair sent him for Valentine's Day. So a puppy it is! Bradon and Ethan went to work on Bradon's box. I think the idea is, bigger is better! You can't get much bigger than a football stadium. He wanted it to be a Cardinal stadium but all we had was blue tape so he went with BYU.
Both boxes turned out cute and the kids were thrilled to take them to school! Ethan was thrilled to take a recycled plastic Target bag in valentine red and white colors!
1 comment:
I LOVE the byu box. The stadium seating is so creative! Nice job Bradon!
Post a Comment