Now that Ethan is in his 12 year of life he is learning to babysit.
We leave him for short periods of time and occasionally he even gets paid a little bit of money for it!
Last night David and I decided to go on our Valentine date early to beat the crazy crowds. We told Ethan that he could babysit for money and we would be gone for 3 full hours. He was very confident and excited to make a little money. Then I told him that my only worry was that Talan might have a messy diaper while we were gone. Ethan has never changed a messy diaper before! Heck I'm not sure if he's even ever changed a diaper at all! I told him that if he does have a messy diaper then he would need to lay a towel on the ground and get the other boys to help him change it. I could tell that he was a little worried but up for the challenge. I left just hoping that Talan kept it all in until we got back home.
So in the middle of the movie my cell phone rang. It was Ethan telling me that Talan had a messy diaper. I reminded him about the towel and told him to make sure to get the other boys to help him.
When we got home
this is what we found!
The diaper was on completely backwards!
Apparently it was pretty itchy because Talan had scratched up his back and butt pretty good. Talan was happy as a clam though!
The boys gave us a complete play by play of exactly what happened. The towel had poop all over it (Thank heavens I told them to lay down a towel!) and Ethan said, "He just wiggles so much and then gets up and tries to walk away right while your changing him!" He then said, "I don't care if the diaper is on backwards, I just wanted to get it on!" Over all I think they did pretty good for their first diaper change ever!
Way to go guys!
2 comments:
That is just too cute!!! I love it when the kids can babysit.
Ha! :-) You are such a great mom. I would have FREAKED about poop everywhere (even on a towel).
Our daughter is finally coming home this weekend! :-) It's been 3 years since we started her adoption. After things settle down, I'd love to see you again.
Post a Comment