Carsten is one of the cutest kids! He is full of energy and full of mischief, but he has a really good heart! I have written in the past about him being the 'tenderest tough kid' that I know.
I can remember when he was a Sunbeam in primary. After church one Sunday his primary teacher (who was a boy that had recently been converted and was preparing for his mission) came and told me that he thought that he might have finally committed Carsten to baptism! He was so excited about this and could hardly contain his excitement as he told me. He said that every week in their Sunbeam class he would ask Carsten if he wanted to get baptized someday. Carsten would always respond with a confident NO! The Sunbeam teacher said that it was his personal goal to teach Carsten about how important is was to get baptized and somehow get Carsten to commit to baptism hopefully before he left on his mission. After several months of asking Carsten and always getting the same NO response, Carsten finally said YES!
I think that Carsten finds joy in being different, marching to his own drum and marking his own path... He enjoys seeing peoples reactions to the things he does and says. It's this one particular characteristic about Carsten that sometimes has me worried about his teenage years that are approaching a lot faster than I might want to think!
Anyways, let me get to the reason for my post in the first place. The other day David and I were in the office and Carsten and one of the neighbor boys were in the kitchen having a conversation. Carsten asked this boy, " Do you think you'll ever get divorced? The boy thought about it for a second and said, "Probably if my wife made me really mad!" Carsten responded in a real thoughtful tone, "Not me! Because I'm going to get married in the Temple!" I was shocked! My heart melted instantly! My sweet little Carsten! What a good boy! Then the neighbor said, "Well I'm going to get married in the Temple too, so I'm not going to get divorced either!" Then as they both just sorta sat there in thought, our neighbor said, "Carsten, aren't you a little young to be thinking about divorce?"
I thought that this was a funny little conversation. Funny, yet endearing! It's little surprises like these that make being a mom all worth it! I'm proud of my little Carsten and his desire to be good!
3 comments:
kiss that kid for me!por
Oh my gosh I am laughing so hard. I bet you were so proud at his response! Sweet little boy. I'll have to come to your house and see your table!
That is the cutest thing ever... I love little kids minds they are amazing, remind me to tell you the story of mckall and where babies come from.
Post a Comment