Monday night we went to a benefit concert for Paul Cardall. Paul is awaiting a heart transplant. He has been on the transplant list since last August. His 3 year old daughter is named Eden.
Living for Eden
We thought that the doors were opening at 5:30 and since it was general admission we decided to get there right on time. When we got there we found out that the doors weren't going to be opening until around 7:00 so we found our place in line and waited. As the kids started to bug each other and Reagan started complaining that her legs hurt from standing so long I began to wonder if bringing the kids was such a good idea after all. I told the kids that if they had any hopes of going to Disneyland someday then they had better show me that they had the ability to stand in line for a long time PATIENTLY or they could forget about Disneyland all together. This got them thinking and they straightened up. Just after an hour and a half of standing in line the doors opened and we found our seats.
A long line off amazing musicians preformed. Kurt Bestor, Ryan Shupe and the Rubberband, Peter Breinholt, Sam Payne, David Tolk, and Colors. They were all very entertaining and TALENTED!
We are all BIG fans of Ryan Shupe and the Rubberband in our house.
So we were thrilled to see them preform!
Peter Breinholt read a post from Paul Cardall's blog about Gracie and then dedicated a song to her called "You are home." They played a slide show of Gracie to go along with the song. It was so touching. I balled my eyes out throughout the whole song and then for the next 4 or 5 songs after. I really struggled to get a grip of myself!
Then just about the time I gained control of my emotions they brought Paul and his family on stage. Paul thanked everyone for all they had done for them and then he talked about Gracie and what an impact she had made on him. He then played the only song he has written since being on the transplant list.
A song for Gracie called, "Gracie's theme."
It was beautiful!
At the end of the song they put another picture of Gracie up on the screen. I couldn't help but to think of the selflessness of this man, Paul Cardall. Here they have put together a benefit concert for him, and he turns it into a night to honor Gracie. What an amazing and beautiful tribute to a beautiful little girl!
I can only imagine what Tom and Michele must have been feeling at that moment. I was left speechless and so very grateful that I brought my kids!
On Gracie's blog Michele has posted videos of the slide show that Peter Breinholt sang to, and also Paul Cardall's, Gracie's theme. Please click on Gracie's blog and watch both of them. You will be glad you did!
I hope that we can all keep Paul in our prayers and that he can receive a new heart very soon!
If you are interested in reading more about Paul, click on Paul's blog.
No comments:
Post a Comment