Bradon is playing minor league baseball this year.
He's on the Colorado Rockies.
His first game of the season was this past Tuesday. He was extremely sick! He had stayed home from school that day with a high fever, sore throat and a headache. He pretty much laid in bed all day long. I told him that it didn't look like he was going to be able to play in has baseball game that night. He told me that he was going to play no matter how sick he was! Finally I took him into the doctor and it turns out that he had a virus so there wasn't much they could do for him. I told the doctor about his first baseball game and asked if he thought it was a good idea to let him play in it. (You know, this way Bradon himself could hear it from the doctor's own mouth that he should probably go home and get back in bed!) Much to my surprise the doctor said that if he wanted to play it shouldn't be a problem. He said he probably wouldn't have much energy but what the heck! WHAT?
So Bradon played fever and all!
Here he is, #7 up to bat.
(He chose #7 for me. I was always #7 in volleyball.)
And just before he hit the ball!
(See the ball coming in?)
He stole 2nd, then 3rd, and then finally he stole home!
It was a close one at home plate, but he was called safe! He scored the first run of the game! I sat there with my camera behind the backstop taking play by play pictures and then stood there watching all the great action at home plate not snapping one single shot. What kind of photographer am I?
He played center field for most of the game and then they put him into pitch. And once again I didn't snap one single picture of him pitching either!
In this league you can only score 6 runs per inning. They were down by 5 needing 6 runs to win it in the bottom of the last inning. We were all pretty sure they were going to lose. Then with 2 outs they just kept getting on base. They scored 2 runs and then when the bases were loaded a little boy named Dalton got up to bat and hit an in the park home run to win it! It was an awesome win in dramatic like fashion!
Way to go Rockies!
Carsten is also playing baseball. David is the assistant coach of his team. So far for the first 2 games of the season Bradon and Carsten's game schedules have been identical. So David takes Carsten, and I take Bradon. As soon as I can make it to one of Carsten's games I'll post pictures of him too!
2 comments:
What a little champion! He's hard core like his mamma!
Way to go Bradon, I'm so sorry I can't see you play, but I just know you will be a good player like your dad.
Post a Comment