Our ward basketball team took first place in our stake and went on to the regional tournament. At the regional tournament we lost all the games we played and we won all the games that were forfeit! Way to go team! Actually it sounds worst than it was. The games we lost were close games and it really could have gone either way. The level of play in regionals was defiantly a jump up from playing in stake. Some of those women had game!
Basketball is defiantly not my forte. It's a pretty physically aggressive sport! And women can be brutally tough/mean! I have always liked playing volleyball and tennis. Sports where I'm on the opposite side of the net from my opponent. With basketball I just want to say, "Get out of my face, I'm trying to shoot the ball here!" I guess running up and down the court trying to figure out what in the heck I was suppose to be doing was fun. And it was defiantly good exercise! At moments I actually felt like I was figuring it all out and being somewhat of a contributor to the team. And then there were other moments when I felt like the team would have been better off if I had just stayed home! I kept telling myself, "This is just church ball... It's just for FUN!"
I can hardly wait for church volleyball to start up. Something I have confidence in! Then maybe I can be the one teaching some of these other women a thing or two.
1 comment:
You are too funny! Good for you for playing. You are right about the aggressive cat claws that come out during play. You are so lucky to have church sports that are so organized and attended.
Post a Comment