Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter Egg Hunt


On Saturday morning we went to Heritage Park for the Highland City Easter Egg Hunt.  It was perfect!  I really wanted the kids to be able to do an easter egg hunt this year but I didn't want to be the one putting it on.  The kids got to hunt for 3 eggs and then turn their eggs in for a small bag of candy.  
This was Talan's first ever easter egg hunt!  
He caught on quite quickly how it was done.
  
First... start off by just standing their looking cute.

Second... you find an egg and pick it up!

Third... you toss it in your basket!

It's easy!  One down, two to go!

After the kids hunted for eggs they 
decorated egg shaped sugar cookies.



Ethan chose not to decorate a cookie because he wasn't sure how many little kids licked their knifes and then dipped them back into the frosting.  GROSS!

Then we had a little visit with the 
Easter Bunny!

Talan wasn't so sure what to think of this 
BIG HUGE FURRY FRIEND!

Talan gave him a friendly bark, "Woof, woof!"  
Then when the easter bunny bent down to give him a candy stick, 
Talan gave out a terrified scream and took off!

The bunny was cute!  He just kept messing with Talan trying to win him over.  Talan couldn't be convinced that the 
BIG HUGE FURRY FRIEND 
was actually a "friend" at all!  

When we left the park Reagan said, "Was that the real easter bunny or was he just a guy dressed up like the easter bunny?"  I asked her what she thought.  She said, "I think he was a guy just dressed up because I could see his arm like ours!"  I told her that I thought she was probably right because I saw his arm too!

2 comments:

Ellsworth Party of Four said...

Well gee that bunny looks HUGE!!! I am not sure I would want to be friends with him either!! YIKES!
Looks like a fun Easter! Happy late Easter to your family!

Mike "N" Girlz said...

It looked like you guys had a ton of fun. I'm going to have to remember this for next year.