This is our second year in a row running the freedom run as a family.
Except this year instead of all of us running in the 5k, Carsten and I ran in the 10k instead. It's a fun family tradition that I hope we keep for years to come.
The kids pediatrician Dr. Mumford was at the race with his family. He told my kids that if any of them won 1st, 2nd, or 3rd place in their age division that he would give them $5.00. So just before going home we decided to go look at our times.
Carsten won first place in his age division!
He was 20 minutes ahead of the 2nd place winner!
I tell you, this kid is a natural!
The furthest he had ever run in all his life before this race was a 5k.
We went over to the awards table and they had already announced his name. They gave him his award and then I had one of the girls reenact giving it to him for a picture. As you can see she was quite the actress!
As we were getting ready to leave, one of the men that was there helping with the awards came over to us and told us that we needed to take a picture of Carsten with the BYU "Y" in the background. He told us that that way Carsten can set a goal to someday run on BYU's track team and this picture can always remind him of his goal!
I need to also mention that Ethan improved his 5k time by 10 minutes. That is an awesome accomplishment if you ask me!
I'm just so proud of all my kids and their desire to be fit and challenge themselves physically! I just think it's so good for them!
After the freedom run we all went to Seven Peaks to cool off in the water. What a wonderful start to our 4th of July day!
I need to also mention that Ethan improved his 5k time by 10 minutes. That is an awesome accomplishment if you ask me!
I'm just so proud of all my kids and their desire to be fit and challenge themselves physically! I just think it's so good for them!
After the freedom run we all went to Seven Peaks to cool off in the water. What a wonderful start to our 4th of July day!
3 comments:
How fun! Family runs are the BEST!!
You are so proud of your boys, but I am so proud of you! 10k!!!
Perfect tradition! Amazing accomplishment for all!
Post a Comment