Talan is potty trained!
After the experience of potty training my oldest child I gained a testimony that it's not worth potty training until the child is ready to be potty trained.
I started the potty training process with Ethan when he was 2 1/2 years old and the boy wasn't officially potty trained until he was about 4! I was beating a dead horse! I have awesome story after awesome story about that process. Not a pretty picture to paint if you know what I mean!
And then I got this brilliant idea from someone. Go to the dollar store and buy a fancy fun gift bag and fill it with all sorts of cool dollar store prizes. Place it somewhere out of reach that they can see and tell your child that every time he goes potty on the toilet he can close his eyes, reach into the bag and pull out a prize! Eventually your child quits asking for a prize and they are potty trained! I tried it with Ethan and it was like a potty training miracle!
Talan has been saying that he doesn't want to be potty trained for quite some time now. In fact he would go as far as pleading with me while I changed his dirty diaper, "No! It's my poop! Don't take it! I want it! I like my poop on my bum!"
I did the peer pressure thing. "Oh look Talan, Wyatt is potty trained. He goes potty on the toilet because he's a big boy! Don't you want to be a big boy?" And every time.... "NO! I like my diapers!"
Okay so reality is that he's going to get potty trained before kindergarten but I would really prefer that he be potty trained before preschool. So what was I to do so that I didn't end up beating a dead horse?
I know...The miracle potty bag!
And oh my gosh, Talan ate it up!
He got prize after prize because not only was he good at going potty on the toilet but he could go potty on the toilet on command! And his big brothers and sister loved nothing more than reminding him that he could get a prize if he went. They even reminded him that he needed to ask for a prize when he had forgotten.
I was restocking my prize bag before Talan ever even went #2!
So I had a long chat with the kids about how this potty bag thing works and insisted they don't remind him about the prizes.
I did the peer pressure thing. "Oh look Talan, Wyatt is potty trained. He goes potty on the toilet because he's a big boy! Don't you want to be a big boy?" And every time.... "NO! I like my diapers!"
Okay so reality is that he's going to get potty trained before kindergarten but I would really prefer that he be potty trained before preschool. So what was I to do so that I didn't end up beating a dead horse?
I know...The miracle potty bag!
And oh my gosh, Talan ate it up!
He got prize after prize because not only was he good at going potty on the toilet but he could go potty on the toilet on command! And his big brothers and sister loved nothing more than reminding him that he could get a prize if he went. They even reminded him that he needed to ask for a prize when he had forgotten.
I was restocking my prize bag before Talan ever even went #2!
So I had a long chat with the kids about how this potty bag thing works and insisted they don't remind him about the prizes.
1 comment:
OH YAY!!! Except now on trips you have to STOP to go Potty!...I dunno...I think diapers should be worn by all ages on family vacations! :)
Post a Comment