Bradon and Carsten both played on All-Stars this year. The All-Stars tournament was the weekend after the regular season tournament was over. Carsten's team if I remember right had 1 regular practice that lasted around 30 min. and I batting practice. Bradon's team practiced at least 6 times but I don't think they ever had a practice with the whole team there. I was interested in seeing what this All-Star tournament would turn out like.
Both Bradon and Carsten's first tournament games were extremely hard to watch. It was like watching the bad news bears! First of all every player on both of their teams, if you asked them what position they played they would all say pitcher or short stop. Well not everyone on the team can play pitcher and short stop at the same time so boys have to show that they are true All-Stars and adjust to a new position really fast. Everyone litterally played as if they hadn't ever played the game of baseball a day in their life! It was seriously pathetic! I probably sound like a terribly unsupportive mother with no tolerance but I don't think that I was the only parent thinking this very same thing. I seriously started thinking after watching both of their first games that we had wasted our money. I thought, well actually I said to David..."Note to self, next year let's take the money we would have spent on All-Stars and do something else with it! Anything else with it!"
Well fortunately by the second game both teams improved tremendously! It was like watching two whole different teams! We all started feeling a little better about the whole situation. Carsten's team ended up losing in the semi finals. And Bradon's team ended up winning 1st place of the constellation bracket. {By the way, the word constellation bracket is just a really nice way of saying the looser's bracket.}
And now for the photos!
I didn't get one picture of any of Carsten's All-Star games. I brought my camera to one of the games and when I remembered that I needed to take a picture he was in the dugout and every time I tried to get him to look at the camera he would duck out of the picture and act silly.
Now Bradon on the other hand informed me that I don't take enough pictures of him. So I made sure to take lots and lots of pictures of Bradon.

Both Bradon and Carsten's first tournament games were extremely hard to watch. It was like watching the bad news bears! First of all every player on both of their teams, if you asked them what position they played they would all say pitcher or short stop. Well not everyone on the team can play pitcher and short stop at the same time so boys have to show that they are true All-Stars and adjust to a new position really fast. Everyone litterally played as if they hadn't ever played the game of baseball a day in their life! It was seriously pathetic! I probably sound like a terribly unsupportive mother with no tolerance but I don't think that I was the only parent thinking this very same thing. I seriously started thinking after watching both of their first games that we had wasted our money. I thought, well actually I said to David..."Note to self, next year let's take the money we would have spent on All-Stars and do something else with it! Anything else with it!"
Well fortunately by the second game both teams improved tremendously! It was like watching two whole different teams! We all started feeling a little better about the whole situation. Carsten's team ended up losing in the semi finals. And Bradon's team ended up winning 1st place of the constellation bracket. {By the way, the word constellation bracket is just a really nice way of saying the looser's bracket.}
And now for the photos!
I didn't get one picture of any of Carsten's All-Star games. I brought my camera to one of the games and when I remembered that I needed to take a picture he was in the dugout and every time I tried to get him to look at the camera he would duck out of the picture and act silly.
Now Bradon on the other hand informed me that I don't take enough pictures of him. So I made sure to take lots and lots of pictures of Bradon.
Bradon is such a cute kid.
He's a good kid too!
His All-Stars team was made up of all major league 11 year olds but they played in the division of 11 and 12 year olds. The first tournament game {the one that was so hard to watch} they got paired up with our same leagues minor league 11 and 12 year old team. Bradon's good friend Max was on that team. So that first game was like insult to injury if you know what I mean! Well Max's team must have lost a game along the way because we both ended up in the constellation bracket and we got to play them again. It was fun because this time our boys actually looked like baseball players and we ended up beating them.
He's a good kid too!
His All-Stars team was made up of all major league 11 year olds but they played in the division of 11 and 12 year olds. The first tournament game {the one that was so hard to watch} they got paired up with our same leagues minor league 11 and 12 year old team. Bradon's good friend Max was on that team. So that first game was like insult to injury if you know what I mean! Well Max's team must have lost a game along the way because we both ended up in the constellation bracket and we got to play them again. It was fun because this time our boys actually looked like baseball players and we ended up beating them.
And Max threw him out at first!
Another time when Bradon got up to bat Max was playing first base. At this time Bradon's team was winning by quite a bit. Bradon had 3 balls on him and got the sign from his coach to not swing. Bradon leaned forward and stuck his bat out like he was going to bunt. And then started shaking the bat up and down as to taunt the pitcher. I thought what in the heck is he doing? As the pitch was pitched Bradon pulled the bat back. The pitch was a ball and he took his base.
You could tell that they were bantering back and forth at each other just messing around. Nothing better than a little fun game of talking smack!
Bradon stole second base.
When he came back to the dugout I asked why he was acting like he was going to bunt and why was he all showy about it? He said, "I did that for Max! He hates when people do that!" Seriously that made it all the more funny!
Doesn't Bradon look thrilled about getting a trophy? Come on Bradon, crack a smile! Oh yeah I forgot to mention why Bradon is wearing his running shoes with florescent laces. He forgot his cleats at home for the second game. When he got clear across town for the game and he realized that he had forgot them he asked if we could go back to get them. And from the picture I bet you can guess what the answer was!
No comments:
Post a Comment