Friday, July 29, 2011

Look mom... NO TRAINING WHEELS!

Let me start this off by saying that Talan is
3 YEARS OLD!
H
e got a bicycle for Christmas this last year and then couldn't really ride it until this summer because it was so dang cold for so dang long. A couple of months ago the whole neighborhood busted out in extreme bicycle fashion. All the kids have been riding up and down the streets non stop!

Last week I noticed that Talan doesn't really use his training wheels when he's riding. A few days later I got a call from Bradon while I was at work. "Mom can I take Talan's training wheels off his bike?" I told him that I guess it would be okay. About 30 minutes later I received another phone call. This time it was Talan. "Mom, I don't need training wheels! I ride without them!" I was like, "Really?" And he was like, "Yep! Bye Bye!" When I got home he was riding all over the place! Bradon said that he was prepared to have to help him and comfort him when he would fall off but Talan got on and just went. He's too short to reach the ground and so he can't start or stop on his own but he has quickly learned how to bail out in the grass whenever he's done riding.

He is so proud of himself! Everywhere we go he tells everyone about his newest accomplishment. He doesn't care if he knows them or not, he tells everyone! All the neighbors have commented on how crazy it is to see him ride. He's so little and young! The other day he was even trying the do a pop a wheelie and he rides down our neighbors steps from their front door to the street. He jumps off curbs too! I swear this kid has NO FEAR!

Anything you can do I can do better,
I can do anything better than you!

I guess this is what happens when your #5 in the line up! All he sees is older people doing older things and nowhere in his head does he hear NO YOU CAN'T! All this boy hears is YES YOU CAN!

No comments: