Tuesday, July 26, 2011

I want to ride a horse!

Talan loves animals! He's always begging to ride a horse. So what better place to go see the animals but at Thanksgiving Point! I've probably blogged about Thanksgiving Point umpteen times by now. But hey! What can I say, we never get tired of the place!

It seems like whenever someone comes in from out of town Thanksgiving Point is one of those places we always go. My mom and dad hadn't been to the Thanksgiving Point farm yet so we thought we had better take them!

I love how up close and personal you can get with the animals. This cute little calf gave Talan a little lick! Talan thought it was awesome!

All the adults/big kids watched as Talan and Reagan rode the horses.

Funny story, so one of the first nights Grandma and Grandpa were here, Grandpa took Ethan and Bradon to Wingers for dinner. At Wingers they gave Grandpa and Ethan an adult menu and then gave Bradon a kids menu WITH CRAYONS! Bradon was totally offended! Grandpa and Ethan found it to be hilarious! When they brought out their drinks they gave Grandpa and Ethan large glass cups and then gave Bradon the little kiddie cup with a lid and straw! Bradon only became more offended and Grandpa and Ethan only became more entertained! When they got home it was the first thing they told us about. Grandpa and Ethan were laughing and Bradon was still not finding it to be too funny!

Well when we got the the farm the lady asked how many of the kids were under 12 years old. I told her and then she gave me tickets for the the 12 and under kids to ride a horse. I gave Bradon his ticket and he acted all offended, "I don't want to ride a horse!" We all teased him, "A kids menu, a kids cup, come on Bradon why not a kiddie ride?" He just rolled his eyes at us in disgust! Oh to be 11 years old and just on the verge of busting out into being a big young man! The wait has got to be painful!

Ride a horsey ride a horsey
ride ride ride...

You've got to love the skirt!

Talan absolutely loves to ride these horses!

After his ride he gave him a pet and said goodbye.

We had a lot of fun! We fed the ducks, rode on a horse pulled wagon ride and got a close look at a lot of cute little farm friends like this little bugger.


The peacock was in rare form strutting its stuff and showing off it's feathers. Ethan who is really kind of like a walking encyclopedia explained to all of us why the peacock does this.

After the farm we made our traditional trip to the deli for ice cream cones. Yum!

1 comment:

Staci Kramer said...

poor Bradon! Tell him to appreciate being a kid while it lasts. Once you are grown, there's no going back! Once he is grown he will wish he got crayons with his meal. I would love to see you guys. It has been way too long. I feel like I am missing out on these kids and every time I see them they are way older and more mature than I expect. I want to freeze them!