Today is David's birthday and he chose to take the family to the Draper Temple open house. All the kids missed school (without any complaints). We all put on our Sunday's best (with minor complaints). And we all had a terrific time!
We parked at a church a few miles away from the temple. They showed a short video about temples and then we took a bus ride to the temple. After we walked through the whole temple we went to the church house next to the temple and had cookies. We then waited for our bus ride home. Reagan was pretty excited about that bus!
When we got home I asked each of the kids separately what they liked the most about the temple.
This is what they said:
Ethan: The baptismal font because of the oxen in the bottom.
Bradon: The baptismal font because it was cool that there were 12 ox's under it. It also reminded me of my baptism.
Carsten: I liked the place where you baptize the dead. It smelled good and I liked it!
Reagan: All of it was my favorite!
Talan: He couldn't tell me what his favorite part was but I think he liked walking through the heated tunnels outside the temple and eating the cookies at the end. He was extremely quiet and still in the sealing room though. So maybe the sealing room was his favorite!
Hands down the kids liked the baptismal font the best!
It was a wonderful experience to walk through the temple with our children and explain to them about the different rooms and what we do in them. I can remember when I was young wondering what the temple was all about. I think that now that they have seen inside of one they will have a greater desire to someday go themselves and a better understanding of where mom and dad are going and what we are doing.
1 comment:
We hope you had a Happy Birthday David!
With Love,
& ((((hugs))))
The Kerry Adair Family
Post a Comment